Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Scientific Project

For this project, that had the theme scientific, I had a lot of ideas for what I could draw. Some of my ideas included money, nature, time, clocks, or mountains. I ended up choosing a clock because I thought that I would be able to get the different values that it had on the different sides and the way that the light was hitting it.

The different mini lessons helped a lot in teaching me how to add value to different parts of the clock. It also helped me to make the clock actually look 3D with shading. I was able to show contrast with my work in several ways. I added a background to the edges to the paper so it contrasted with the white parts of the clock and parts of the paper. Another way I was able to add contrast was I made the numbers really dark so they contrasted with the whole drawing and they really stuck out.

The medium that I used was pencil. I chose to use this because I thought that I would be able to add value easier and I would be able to make the clock look more realistic. I was able to shade dark then light to give the effect that the dark parts were further away. I think that I took risks with this project because this was my first real drawing so I think that starting off with something that had a lot of value change was a risk for this project.

Overall, I liked this project because I felt like there was almost unlimited choices for what you could draw. And I also liked that I was able to practice my drawing and shading skills with a big project like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment